Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fitness Journey Update


MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter



As an up date on my fitness journey I wanted to post that I lost 7 pounds in 4 weeks. I think that MyFitnessPal has been a huge help. If you are trying to take off a few pounds it's a great site and they even have a mobile app. It might take a week or so to get used to writing it down, but having friends that encourage and support you makes it all worth while. Well, that and stepping on the scales and seeing a loss.
To those who think I'm taking the easier and softer way, I just want you to know that this whole weight issue has been a struggle for me for the past 15 years. I have tried dieting and have had some success, but I've never lost all the weight I need to and I have yo-yo to the point that I now have more weight to lose. About nine years ago I looked into the gastric bypass and knew that it was very unsafe. Then four years ago I considered the lap-band option and knew it wasn't the safest way to go either. I have explored the options and I believe that the gastric sleeve is the safest, most effective way for me to lose the weight and keep it off.
Thank you for the kind words of encouragement and join me at MyFitnessPal. My screen name is Runn53.

No comments:

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” mahatma gandhi