Monday, September 29, 2008

Welcoming Fall







Fall and spring are my favorite seasons. After a long hot summer, I am so ready for the cooler weather and the changing leaves. I've been checking out the Fall Foliage Report and I think we will probably go over to Hot Springs to drive around in the Ouachita Mountains next month. Until then I wanted to add a touch of fall to my house. On the cover of the Better Homes and Gardens they have this picture of a gourd filled with flowers. I attempted to replicate this, but I'm afraid I didn't quite measure up to BHG standards. We are also planting more mums and I want to make a gourd wreath. What are y'alls plans to welcome fall? I'll try and post pictures of our fall family fun, including Ladybug cheering in the Fall Fest parade, visiting the pumpkin patch, the corn maze and our trip to see the fall foliage.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore your arrangement! GOOD JOB! Happy Fall!

Julie said...

That arrangement looks great! I'm still waiting for it to be cool enough here to put away the flip-flops!

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” mahatma gandhi